[Az-Geocaching] Radios/GPS

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 5 17:19:48 MST 2007

kenwood TH D7A

I think Shadowace mentioned APRS to me. Any of the units I have seen using
APRS are always big units. I saw a thread on geocaching.com forums that says
there are a few geocachers using this unit connected to their handheld GPS
for APRS. This is just a small handheld radio unit. With a cable connected
to it and the 60CSX, it can report position to the internet. But I guess it
wouldnt be able to report position to another GPS unit (like the Rino does).
But I think it would be able to report position to another Kenwood THD7A
(one would then just have to type coords into their GPS). Still pretty cool.
Unfortunately, one cant use HAM radio for business use.

Scott
Team Ropingthewind