[Az-Geocaching] Replying in general

AZcachemeister azcachemeister at getnet.com
Mon Feb 12 19:08:45 MST 2007

I seriously think the digest format is virtually unusable, and I don't
know why it's even offered.
Shari, you really need to switch over...
I understand your issue, but I'm not about to spend MY life leaning on
the delete key to clean up every one of my replies.
I get annoyed enough by posters who have their Email client set to add
their reply BELOW the original text...

With that out of the way, Shari has distilled the entire discussion down
rather well.
I would say, however, that we all need to be the cache police, but we
need to be as gentle as possible while doing it.
I have a pending issue with a buried cache, and I'm wrestling with just
how to handle it. I have pointed out (privately) to the owner that it's
in violation. If the parks department of Mesa finds out that cachers are
digging holes in their parks, a whole lot of caches, and caching turf,
could be eliminated! The owner has yet to respond, and I'm loathed to
push the SBA button. Other cachers are finding the cache, and
(apparently) saying nothing, so mine is a lone voice of dissent. It's a
nice cache, in a nice area, but the technique (buried) is a problem.
I DO NOT think that just because a cache doesn't make me say WOW, means
it's a bad cache or that it should be archived.