[Az-Geocaching] AZGCA Meeting Announcement and the Phoenix Summit Challenge

Team Tierra Buena teamtierrabuena at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 29 13:04:16 MST 2006

The Arizona Geocachers Association has two key events the weekend of
November 18 and 19. I hope you'll be able to join us for either one or both.

That weekend is the Phoenix Summit Challenge
(http://www.phoenixsummitchallenge.com/). This is a series of events, the
main one of which is an opportunity to climb seven of the most significant
peaks in the Phoenix area. (Hey, you up in Flagstaff! Stop laughing!) In
conjunction with these events, AZGCA has been invited by Phoenix Parks and
Recreation to staff a booth at "Adventures Phoenix", which will be held
throughout both days at the REI at Paradise Valley Mall:

12634 N Paradise Village Pkwy W
Phoenix, AZ 85032
2 blocks west of Tatum Blvd, just north of Cactus Rd
N 33 36.109 W 111 59.350

We need volunteers to staff the booth for one- or two-hour shifts throughout
both days from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM and answer questions about geocaching and
AZGCA. If you want to take more than one shift, that would be fine! We will
probably need 2 or 3 people at the booth for most of the day. If you are
interested, please let me know what times you would like to work (first
come, first served), and also your cell phone number in case there anything
comes up last minute. I know we can use all the help we can get for this.
You can see the Adventures Phoenix schedule at http://tinyurl.com/ycmqhz.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! Just to make it even more interesting, we had also
decided to hold the next in-person AZGCA organizational meeting on Saturday,
November 18. So in order to enable us to "be in two places at once", we have
rented a meeting room at the Mesquite Library, 4525 E Paradise Village Pkwy
N, about .35 miles from REI (N 33 36.243 W 111 59.038). The meeting will be
from 1-4 PM. We hope this might entice some of you who have a distance to
drive to come to Phoenix and participate in both activities. Also, we will
need some people who are willing to work the booth but are not interested in
the Association meeting to volunteer for the Saturday afternoon slots.

What are we doing at the meeting? Reviewing and hopefully approving the
Bylaws, which you can read at http://tinyurl.com/y3xpq9. These should also
be available at the AZGCA.org website within a day or so. Please let me know
if you want to attend the meeting, and how many of you will be attending.

I hope I get lots of emails from people who are both attending the meeting
and willing to work the booth. But if you only want to participate in one of
the two, we'll be happy to have your support.

Steve
Team Tierra Buena