[Az-Geocaching] Accidental Cache

Jared Ross jaredmross at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 30 13:56:03 MST 2006

Heather and I accidentally found a cache that hadn't even been approved. We had been searching for AZCachemeister's cache "Rotary-Cole Flyover". The first stage had gone missing but we decided to just check out some ideas that we had about where it might be. While searching we found a hide-a-key container so naturally we were excited about finding the final cache without finding stage 1. Well to our surprise the cache was actually called "Fastlane 2" by Frieza. I quickly called Frieza and he said that he had placed the cache but before he could get it approved they closed the park for construction and he wasn't aware that the park had reopened. Well, we knew with the new guidelines (.1mile apart) his cache wouldn't be getting approved, still we signed in for the potential FTF! haha

Jared
AZBliss02

nathan cluff <natecluff at gmail.com> wrote: Hello all

I am new to geocaching but thanks to Team Snaptek I am now having fun finding caches.

Well as the subject says, I accidentally found a cache.  I have taken my wife and kids on a couple caches around town and she wanted to make our own cache.  We decided to go to a bark park near our home in Chandler so we went, with our dog, and casually walked around the park scouting out a place for the cache.  We didnt intend on leaving it at that time because the park was really busy with other people walking their dogs.  I walked up to a light post and noticed that the base of it was loose and figured that it would be a great place to stash a cache.  When I lifted the base up... out fell someone elses cache (Doggie Myntz by Team CBX2).  I tried to be quiet about it but of course my son, with a newly acquired friend, yelled out that I found a cache.  Luckily nobody heard.  I signed the log and tried to quietly put it back in its place and casually walked away.

I wonder how many caches I have accidentally found before and not realized what they were.

Team Huggydog