[Az-Geocaching] South Mountain hike

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 12 14:39:35 MST 2006

>From: "Shara Whitaker" <sharawhitaker at msn.com>
>To: listserv at azgeocaching.com
>Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] South Mountain hike
>Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 12:08:10 -0700
>

>The Phoenix website says: "San Juan Road has been closed indefinitely for
>resource recovery efforts."
>
>Hope you enjoy your hike - it's a great day for it!
>
>Shara (Black_Cat)

Yea, I saw that. "Resource Recovery Efforts"??? What a joke! That far west
side of South Mountain gets very little visitation in comparison to the rest
of South Mountain. The trails on the west side get even less! I think more
people drive out there on San Juan Road than they do to hike the area.
Sounds like our wonderful government is trying to take away more of what is
ours. So if the road out to the west end is closed... does that mean all the
trails and such are off limits? I would guess so.... since I have never seen
a paved road that needed a chance to recover from anything!!!

Scott
Team RTW