[Az-Geocaching] South Mountain hike

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 11 23:03:01 MST 2006

>From: Guy Aldrich <graldrich at gmail.com>
>To: listserv at azgeocaching.com
>Subject: [Az-Geocaching] South Mountain hike
>Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 21:29:47 -0700
>
>Tomorrow I'm going to hike to At the end of the road to nowhere, Alta
>diner,Maricopa peak and Ma Ha Tuak Range,would anyone like to join me?
>
>Guy

I love that hike. It is my favorite hike in the South Mountain Park. The
Alta Trail has very few people on it and it has the best views in South Mnt.
I have already found those caches though. :) I havent found 'At The End of
the Road to Nowhere' cache yet. It is a very short hike though. I am not
sure if it still is, but last time I was in the park a couple of weeks
ago... the San Juan Overlook road has been closed for some reason. If the
road is open.. it is a drive by cache. If it is still closed... it is
perhaps a 0.3 tenths mile hike in from the north in Laveen. I think one of
the logs gave directions to where to start. Does anyone know why the road
has been closed for so long?

Scott
Team Ropingthewind