[Az-Geocaching] off topic, can anyone translate this code?

ShadowAce shadowace.az at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 01:17:54 MST 2006

Ciphertext messages should not be written in word format. One common method
used primarily for radio transmission is to block text in five character
sequences. Another technique which may confuse analysts for a short while is
to write the cyphertext in random word like order. This is a delaying tactic
but all codes are breakable and it is time that the encoder is buying.

How long does the keyword have to be?

There is no limit. The longer the keyword and shorter the message the more
improbable it will be to break.
The keyword could be 'Yepthatsit' or
'thereisnochanceinheckyouwilleverguessthiskeywordendswithbubblegum'

So the message of:
today wewil lcrea teasi mplem essag eofco nfusi onhow longw illyo usear ch
becomes:
rsstf wxoqe jggxh txsab ktaxt elkiz csuvv nymab mrwhd lhfop gparv ulwik
alxmn
or
mvhrc ewjwn scege brhwk wnzyi mddeb iflws fxnzq gxlms zfqkj ldhgh btybs
nlfds

you might even notice the lines are different length? Thats called garbage
and unless you know to throw out the first, last or middle part, you wont
know how to solve it.

now here is another one for you to try to figure out the key for. :)

f pftel jfzix xtrpl typng tixuj wilns ucyje cffde sllar zhytz rzcst

Without some basis of information to go on this is going to be unbreakable
as it is a one time key encryption and I will not even remember the key. A
few years with a Cray might solve it, but I am fairly certain it would go
for ever as an unfound cache.

Maybe if you could give some context as in what forum this is from someone
might be interested in assisting, but with just the text I can say it is not
going to be helpful.