[Az-Geocaching] Cache Clash

Tim Giron tgiron at cox.net
Thu Feb 23 15:12:30 MST 2006

Universal Transverse Mercator

A standardized coordinate system based on the metric system and a division of the earth into sixty 6-degree-wide zones.

Over short distances it is way easier to do coordinate math in UTM, since it is reduced to planar vs. spherical geometry.

Not sure about the prevalence, but my GPSr can accept and display in this coordinate system.

Tim
Team AZFastFeet