[Az-Geocaching] Sax Man's Campout

Larry H friared1 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 14 18:15:43 MST 2006

It's been some time since I've gone caching in
Arizona, but I thought this would be of interest to at
least some of you. Team360 did a fine job of
representing your state the first year, and now the
event is even closer!

The location has been secured! The cache page has been
submitted! I'll post a link to it as soon as it is
published. Here are the details until then:

Sax Man's Campout (3rd annual) by Team GPSaxophone
N 38° 35.000 W 106° 13.100 (only 700 miles from
Phoenix!) ;)

This campout is the largest gathering of Geocachers in
the Rocky Mountain Region! It draws primarily from the
Rocky Mountains, Great Plains, and Southwest, and has
brought cachers from other states too. Last year’s
campout near Woodland Park, CO brought cachers
together from Washington, Nevada, Colorado, and Texas.
The First Annual Campout in Raton, NM brought cachers
from Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, and Nebraska.
Let’s see how many states we can represent this year!

Sax Man's Campout (3rd Annual) will take place over
4th of July Weekend 2006. You can arrive as early as
2pm on June 30th and stay as late as 1pm on July 4th.
We'll have plenty of activities for you to take part
in.

There is only room for 100 people and 24 vehicles in
the group camping area. You MUST register for this
event in advance to ensure we have room for you! If
you miss out on the group camping area, you must
reserve your own site in the general campground.

Total cost per person for the entire weekend is only
$11.00 (Last year cost about $65 per campsite for 4
nights) This year $11.00 covers camping fees for one
person for the entire 4 nights. I had to pay for this
group camping area in advance, and this money only
goes to reimburse me for that expense. I am not making
money on this deal. All money collected will go
towards the Campout expenses (reservations, events,
prizes, etc) I'm hoping that the low price will
encourage you to drive a little further than last year
and that you will stay for the entire weekend. Let's
fill this campground with geocachers!

To register:
You can send your payment through PayPal to
friared1 at yahoo.com in the amount of $11.00 per person.
Please specify how many people in your group and your
geocaching name(s). Include the size of your RV or
trailer if you plan on bringing one.
You can also pay by check. Contact me and I'll give
you my mailing address.

Directions: