[Az-Geocaching] Fwd: [tri-go] GPS Explorer - A Cautionary Tale

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 13 13:33:15 MST 2006

>From: EMa
>To: listserv at azgeocaching.com
>Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Fwd: [tri-go] GPS Explorer - A Cautionary Tale
>Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 14:53:21 -0500
>
>I thought this was interesting enough to pass on to others..........Hope
>you
>don't mind.

I would NOT take this one in the wallet! Assuming you are within their
'return policy' (which I just read),  I would definetly take some action.
That GPS cost way too much money to not get your refund. I would tell them
to give you your money back or give you your GPS that you DID PAY FOR back.
If they dont... threaten to sue them. They will do one or the other real
quick! You have a receipt for the GPS you purchased and I assume you have
the receipts for mailing it back (did you send it with 'delivery
confirmation'?). With these reciepts, you have proof that you paid for it
and you have proof that they got it back... so, where is the money? You want
your money or you want your GPS. If they dont do one or the other... well,
there are a zillion GPS based forums on the internet and I am sure you can
do some damage to their business. Looking at their website, they appear to
be a pretty big online business. There are many choices for online GPS
stores (I personally have had good experiences with GPSNOW.com). So, let
everyone on every GPS forum on the internet know that GPSexplorer.com is NOT
the one to do business with).

Just call and demand to talk to the head honcho (dont settle for talking to
some so called customer service rep.. you want to talk to someone higher
up), you want your money or you GPS. Be nice, but be firm. If that person
still tries to give you some sort of runaround. Tell him/her you are going
to do 3 things:

1- post on every GPS forum on the net about your experience with
GPSexplorer.com
2- you are going to report them to the BBB

and.... and this is the best one! :)...

3- you are going to call the Clark Howard Show (clarkhoward.com) and tell
america what kind of a company GPSexplorer.com is! :) I tell you what, if
you call this show and you get on it.. he WILL get you your money or your
GPS! :) (Clark Howard is on AM620 KTAR almost every night around 10pm).

I am sure they sell so many GPS's that it isnt worth the hassle to give one
customer the runaround. They should want to give you your money back or your
GPS and move on and avoid any bad press. Even if you are not within their
return policy.. then you want your GPS back. You paid for it and it is
yours.

Scott
Team Ropingthewind