[Az-Geocaching] FUN!

Team Tierra Buena teamtierrabuena at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 10 22:21:38 MST 2006

And I understand that Sportrac/k is pursuing this avenue with ADOT but in
the year I've been helping to clean the median it has gotten worse and
worse. This just coicides with the fact that ALL the freeways in the Phoenix
Metro and surrouding city area's are going to heck.

Perhaps they're on there way to coming back from heck, at least a little
bit:

http://www.mag.maricopa.gov/detail.cms?item=5739

If you're not familiar with the "MAG Regional Council", it is made up of the
mayors of the cities and towns that make up Maricopa County (since parts of
Apache Junction are in Maricopa, Mayor Coleman also has a seat), plus the
presidents and governor of the three Native American communities, along with
some representation from County government and some other agencies and
committees. When these folks designate expenditures, that money gets spent;
and it gets spent on what it's been approved for.

Since it's freeway money, it may not help the situation on our favorite
stretch of road, but it's a step in the right direction.

Steve

Team Tierra Buena

PS: I was taught you floss and THEN brush! FBI, sez my dentist: Floss,
Brush, Irrigate. Not that it matters, I don't do it much either way. :-)