[Az-Geocaching] Ham Radio and SAR

Trisha Brasher trisha at brasher.com
Sat Feb 4 14:13:30 MST 2006

OK, OK, I forgot to give my call in my first message~ N7TMY

(one of the "good" ones....that just means we are OLD)

Trisha ~ Lightning

N7TMY

On a "side" note (like this thread isn't already?) Dirk, I don't know if
you go by a certain number or call for SAR, but I do, I am YCJP 1996.
When I assigned a field duty, I am whatever unit number is designated,
like JP 4, or if I am with a dog team I am "dog team 2" etc. When I am
working the radio in Base, I am "Base" or sometimes "IC" if speaking for
the IC. So, if I need to use a Ham freq for an alternate comm route,
which happens occasionally, I can get very confused. The SAR teams have
heard me clear with "N7TMY" more than once, and the Hams have heard me
sign with "Base" or "1996" quickly followed by "um, sorry, this is N7TMY"

Too many volunteer hobbies.....