[Az-Geocaching] Re: Another new feature at GC.com

Koch, Dan Dan.Koch at Eclipsys.com
Thu Nov 3 16:23:02 MST 2005

As you said Brian...New tricks.  'In the past' just isn't going to cut it
anymore.

I always recommend GSAK.  For those that don't know, it's kind of a
combination EasyGPS (waypoint management) and Watcher (cache details
management). It'll download your .gpx files out of your POP email account
for you and will export into any of several output formats (NG Topo
included) as well as into Garmin and Magellan GPSs.

Besides, who really needs a listing of all 3000 caches the state every day.
And what's wrong with caches in NM...or CA... or ...

LazyK - Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: az-geocaching-bounces at listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-bounces at listserv.azgeocaching.com] On Behalf Of Brian
Casteel
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 4:11 PM
To: listserv at azgeocaching.com
Subject: RE: [Az-Geocaching] Re: Another new feature at GC.com

Outside of considering your e-mail application a 3rd-party application, I
don't see any more than one application being required to get them into a
mapping program.  PQ-->E-mail-->EasyMPS-->MapSource, at least in my case.
There are other applications I can choose to use depending on how I want to
setup my hunts, which doesn't really bother me all that much.  I can use
Watcher if I want to look at EVERYTHING about the cache, then can filter by
direction/distance/difficulty/hider/etc...and save a custom .gpx that I can
use for both Cachemate and EasyMPS to import into my Garmin MapSource
application.  Heck, some applications directly import .gpx applications.

I'm all about finding solutions until something better comes along, since
complaining only reduces my caching time.

Also, there just doesn't seem to be any benefit in continuing to rehash how
it was 'in the past', since it's obvious that at this point, the past is no
longer going to occur, unless you have fashioned a flux capacitor and own a
Delorean (sp?).  Adaptation is much less time consuming in the long run than
only hoping that the past returns.

Brian
Team A.I.