[Az-Geocaching] FW: National Public Lands Day - Thank you!

Brian Casteel bcasteel at uccinc.net
Thu Nov 3 08:47:22 MST 2005

Efforts like this rock, plain and simple.  I'm part of a group up here that
formed in light of information that came out in which a FWP regional
supervisor was going to blanket-ban Geocaching in his region of the state
(20% of the overall FWP land in MT).  To make sure this couldn't happen,
we've been working on policy at the state level, and so far it looks to be
favorable for caching overall.  Notification/tracking numbers will be
assigned, with a life cycle being granted to caches in a single location,
then moved or archived to minimize new trail creation.  We're currently
working on building a list of all caches in the state in FWP-managed areas,
or in areas that might fall within the scope of where they don't want caches
placed.

Such efforts, while time consuming and appearing to move very slowly are the
catalysts that will help keep public lands open to the...public.

Brian
Team A.I.