[Az-Geocaching] Heat Stroke vs. Heat Hoax

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Sun May 22 05:07:54 MST 2005

>From: Guy Aldrich <graldrich at gmail.com>
>To: listserv at azgeocaching.com
>Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Heat Stroke vs. Heat Hoax
>Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 00:09:09 -0700
>
>It was actually 128º in BHC!

I am looking at National Weather Service climatic data. Anything else is not
'official'.

If Laughlin's tourism site says it was 126 degrees for their record high...
well then, they sure arent trying to downplay the temperatures for
tourism!!! (I found the website that says this... it is A2Zlasvegas.com or
something like that). I also found this:

>>Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was
>>132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department.<<

http://www.bullheadcity.com/facts.asp

Neither is Bullhead City, AZ!!! I think Death Valley holds the hottest
temperature ever recorded in the USA. But I didnt look into that. So dont
know. But that 132 degrees posted above is definetly not official.

Scott
Team RTW