[Az-Geocaching] Cachemate question

Scott Wood scott at myblueheaven.com
Fri Jan 28 09:21:05 MST 2005

At 09:10 AM 1/28/2005, you wrote:
>Early on in my caching life, I'd go through paper like nobody's business.
>That's when I started looking at alternatives, and discovered PDA
>downloading.  Having only a IIIxe, and really needing only text info, I went

I guess it took me a little longer.  Until this week, I have also been
going through paper like nobody's business.  The reason is that until I
found Cachemate, nothing was what I would consider usable.  I tried the
AZgeocaching files and reader, but the data files were so big, that it was
just too painful to have my PDA sort though everything.  I also don't care
for the Mobi reader format that geocahing.com uses, but gave it a try.

Cachemate seems to be the first system out there that is actually usable to
me.  This should save a lot of toner and ink.  Cutting down trees is fine
since that is what my dad loes for a living. :-)