[Az-Geocaching] Site Stewards and State Parks

Team Tierra Buena teamtierrabuena at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 26 21:17:32 MST 2005

Not only that, but the Arizona Site Steward prgram is interested in our
numbers as well! I belong to the Arizona Site Steward program and Mary Estes
wants us to join in her efforts to reduce vandalism in state parks.

In spite of the fact that the first anti-Geocaching alarms in the state were
raised by Site Stewards, Mary Estes has continually and from the very
beginning worked with  both the Geocaching community and the Land Management
community to initiate and maintain communications, and provide forums for
allowing each side to share points of view and concerns with the other. This
has been perhaps the most valuable service anyone could have performed on
our behalf. It was Mary (along with that Evil Fish guy standing over by the
wall, there), who came up with the idea of holding that initial meeting in
2002, and getting representatives from just about every agency in the state
to attend, from NPS to the Indian communities in Maricopa County.

It sounds at first hearing as though Mary may have come up with another
winner of an idea here. I look forward to hearing more about it, and I hope
I'll be able to participate in some fashion. Ditto the State Parks
anniversary.

Steve

Team Tierra Buena