[Az-Geocaching] Re: Az-Geocaching Digest, Vol 3, Issue 25

David Thompsen dthompsen at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 24 14:13:32 MST 2005

I've been very happy with CacheMate for my Palm.  It has a similar feature set and the registered version is also only $7.

--Dave , The Cow Spots

Brian Casteel <bcasteel at uccinc.net> wrote:
I used to use PalmReader until I learned of Plucker. Now that's what I use
exclusively. The notes portion rocks when you are logging finds. They
automatically move from the Unfound to Found when you check the box, and you
can shorthand notes for what you took/left, any TB info, etc...with
PalmReader you have a slightly similar method, but it's exclusively notes.
No options to check off which were found/not found. It was also more
difficult to remove caches you'd already found. With Plucker, it's really
simplistic in that you can choose which set of caches to view. Plus,
Plucker will calculate based on current coords of the cache you're at and
give you caches closest based on direction chosen, difficulty, distance,
bearing and a number of other methods.

To get a full version (limited to 10 caches for unregistered) amounts to
only $7 and it has already paid for itself numerous times.

Brian
Team A.I.