[Az-Geocaching] AZ has own cache reviewer

Rand Hardin rhrdn8 at juno.com
Sat Jan 8 12:19:36 MST 2005

I'm leaning toward Gale's thought that Artemis is Trisha.  According to the info that Steve Burton provided: "Artemis is the goddess of the wilderness, the hunt and wild animals, and fertility....Her main vocation was to roam mountain forests...."

Who else do we know that roams mountain forests and the wilderness and lives among the wild animals as much as Trisha?

Rand Hardin
(RandMan)

Steve (Team Tierra Buena) responded to Gale:

You?

Although “Freya” might seem more appropriate than “Artemis” in your case, perhaps you wanted to throw everyone off the scent by going Greek instead of Norse.

Steve
Team Tierra Buena

Gale wrote:

Trisha? Altho we havent heard much from her lately. I dont think she would use Artemis for her other name. Anyone else have ideas?

Steve Burton provided:

The daughter of Leto and Zeus, and twin sister of Apollo. Artemis is the goddess of the wilderness, the hunt and wild animals, and fertility .... Her main vocation was to roam mountain forests and uncultivated land with her nymphs in attendance hunting for lions, panthers, hinds and stags. Contradictory to the later, she helped in protecting and seeing to their well-being, also their safety and reproduction. She was armed with a bow and arrows which were made by Hephaestus and the Cyclopes....