[Az-Geocaching] Time Travel?

Jim Scotti jscotti at pirl.lpl.Arizona.EDU
Mon Jan 3 09:23:48 MST 2005

I find it interesting, as usual, that this Titor character cannot prove he is
from the future.  All he needs to do is to provide a sealed, registered
envelope with a list of very specific uncommon events that will happen in the
future. For example, before September 11, he could have provided details of
the September 11 attacks - what time the planes hit the towers, for example.
Or, he could have provided 5 or 10 other specific predictions of less
significant events.  The predictions he has made include an occasional bit
that is now in the past.  On the webpage Steve gave, there is a link to some
of his predictions.  One such prediction is: "The civil war in the United
States will start in 2004. I would describe it as having a Waco type event
every month that steadily gets worse."  Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but did
anyone here of such a "Waco type event?"  He also apparently knew nothing of
9/11 or its aftermath in his predictions from the end of 2000 and early 2001.
Pretty clearly, this guy is just another crackpot, typical of the
"Coast-to-Coast" pseudoscience that is all too often aired on that program.
Luckily, Noory occasionally has some more reputable guests, but unfortunately
for his credulous listeners, they are mixed in with lots of genuine crackpots
as if they are equal in credibility.

Here's a prediction relevant to our sport:

Q: Is the GPS system still in use in 2036?

A: (58) Oh yes! In fact, the unit I have with me works here. I'm not sure why
that surprises me. There are also a great many communications and Internet
satellite systems.

He wasn't asked whether it was a Magellan or a Garmin.....

Jim.