[Az-Geocaching] Huge Discovery

Robert & Linda Smith Lrsmith at cableone.net
Sun Aug 28 21:36:23 MST 2005

Well, not so big to most of you old timers in the caching world, but to
me Mega Huge Discovery.  Microsoft Streets & Trips requires the GPS comm
speed to be set at 4800 baud, while, GSAK and Map Send V2.00f each need
comm speed to be set at 9600 baud.

I have 2 copies of Map Send, they both look alike. One is in shrink
wrap, I keep trying to us the one that was open and keep the one in
shrink wrap for ?? I don't know.  Come to find out that the copy in
shrink wrap was a new version and all is well with the world and Map Send.

Someone earlier posted a picture of his lap top and GPS in his vehicle.
I asked him what software he was using, MS Streets and Trips 2005 was
his answer.  I have that !! ready to cuss it out and throw it out.  It
needs, are you ready for this? It needs 4800 baud to talk to my GPS.

Now, after almost 2 years, I can manage my cache trips with GSAK, plot
them on the lap top with either MS Streets & Trips (after changing the
comm speed) or the NEW Mapsend software that came with my new GPS.

Oh my, Oh my, I'm saved.......

I really fill dumb!!!!  Banging my head around the barn and both
computers trying to make things talk to each other and all I needed to
do was change the communication speed.

Learn something new every day.....

We had a delightful today with our miniature horses and the drill team
up here this time (we usually drive down to Phx to practice).  2 hours
of practice and we stayed out the heat of Phx. this time.

Good night everyone and have a wonderful tomorrow,

Bob Smith, Team Petite Elite, Prescott