[Az-Geocaching] Streetpilot xxxx vs. iQue xxxx

Bob Renner renner001 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 27 13:03:01 MST 2005

I have been wanting to get a GPS for the car.  This
will not be used in the field, but rather strictly in
the car.  I want something with the following
features:

1. Larger color display with fine detail
2. Full autorouting with voice commands for turns
3. Basemap (preferably loadable with America or
Europe)
4. Detailed street maps fully unlocked
5. Points of Interest for food and drink, lodging,
   attractions, entertainment, etc.
6. Expandable memory for maps, etc.

I have been looking at the various Garmin Streetpilots
(2610, 2620, 2650, and 2720) and the various Garmin
iQue PDA/GPS units (M3, M5, 3200 & 3600).  Does anyone
have any experience with these particular units?

Also, with the iQue units, there are 2 which are Palm
OS 5.2 based (3200 and 3600) and 2 which are Microsoft
Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition based (M3 and M5).
Does anyone have any recommendations on these OSs for
PDAs?

The iQue units are a lot less expensive than the
Streetpilots, and also have the PDA capability.  Are
they lacking in GPS functionality compared to the
Streetpilots?

Any helpfull information will be greatly appreciated.
Bob Renner