[Az-Geocaching] Tip 4 Meridian users

Robert & Linda Smith Lrsmith at cableone.net
Thu Aug 25 21:31:21 MST 2005

Dear List,

I just discovered a handy way to attach my power/data connector to the
back on my Meridian.  I hated the little screw with no logical handle
used to hold the connector tight to the back of my GPS when I want to
update cache data and connect my battery eliminator via the company made
cable.  I have many DB9 computer connectors laying around that I've used
for many other projects.  Several of the newer DB9's had a screw with a
nice handle on them.... Guess what ?? that screw and nice little handle
is the same thread as the one in the Meridian.  Now it is quick and easy
to tighten my power/data cable to the back and make my weekly up dates.

Just in case there is anyone out there using the Meridian line of GPS.

Bob Smith, Team Petite Elite