[Az-Geocaching] off topic question about MP3 players

AZcachemeister azcachemeister at getnet.com
Wed Aug 24 19:04:31 MST 2005

Well, I do see that there are devices (MP3 only) with the 20GB (1GB=
approximately 828 minutes of CD quality music) capacity previously
mentioned, at ~$200, about the same price as the PDA I was discussing. I
also noted a player that uses SD cards up to 512MB, for ~$20(after
rebate) (with a 256MB card included)! With the price of removable media
dropping everyday, my personal opinion is to go for a unit with
replaceable media. As the memory chips CAN fail in any unit, something
you can replace yourself seems a good idea.
The ultimate unit
<http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1271258&CatId=0>?
I was 'shopping' at Tiger Direct <http://www.tigerdirect.com/> as a
previously satisfied customer.