[Az-Geocaching] Geocaching weather

Gale sonoralovesmommy at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 16 15:18:01 MST 2005

In Alaska I used to walk to work 2 miles, in the snow, in the dark, with ice freezing on my legs and crackling with each step. In Arizona once, when tubing down the salt, a friend had an accident and was too afraid to continue. She nearly drowned, so I can understand that. So we ended up walking through the desert for a couple of hours to get to the road. I was not wearing any shoes. Yes, it was summer too. Dare I even mention my archaeological digs way back when I was younger, digging square holes in 115° heat.

Im beginning to think Ive made some poor choices in my life. Lol.

Sits at computer now in nice comfy air conditioning, with a nice cold soda.

Bill Nolan <bill at freeholder.com> wrote:
Ah yes, the old days, when it was so much hotter -- or colder, depending
upon where you lived. I grew up in the upper Midwest, and back then the
snow in the winter was waist deep or higher for months at a time in the
winter. Yep, I had to walk to school, and it was 3 -- no, 4 miles, and it
was uphill both ways.

Bill in Willcox

Tsegi Mike and Desert Viking

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes
  On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:
"Something hidden.  Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --
  "Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling ,   The Explorer  1898

http://mail.yahoo.com