[Az-Geocaching] Garmin GPSMAP76 dropped from 1500' above thegroundand surviv

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 4 14:07:29 MST 2005

>From: "Brian Casteel" <bcasteel at uccinc.net>
>To: <listserv at azgeocaching.com>
>Subject: RE: [Az-Geocaching] Garmin GPSMAP76 dropped from 1500' above
>thegroundand survived!
>Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 11:12:59 -0600
>
>Hey Scott.  Did you by chance buy one of those protective covers for the
>screen?  Mine arrived this morning, so I'll put it on tonight.  Supposedly
>it's the same material that is used to protect rotor blades on helicopters
>and stuff like that.
>
>Brian
>Team A.I.

No I didnt. I actually got one of those neoprene type sleeve/cover for it.
Jake-TeamAI had one that he didnt want. So while at the Pizza Event cache
back in the Spring... I gave him a few bucks for it. He didnt like this one
as it was really tight and it is. But it fits really snug and protects the
GPS well. So other than it being really tight to get the GPS in and out
of... it works great to protect the unit. I've dropped the unit a couple of
times now and it is well protected in the shock proof case. I thought about
those screen protectors... but would rather protect the whole unit. I might
get those screen protectors for my PDA though. Are you referin' to the ones
that are advertised on Geocaching.com?

Scott
Team Ropingthewind