[Az-Geocaching] flood

connie stahlman listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 14:13:51 -0700 (PDT)

The four inches of rain at once and the layout of the land
did it!  This seems to be caused by the 2 creeks converging
at the low spot of the park-usually they do not both run
FULL at the same time--and both were FULL when they hit
each other causing an immediate rise in water depth!  The
culvert under the road has 3 large pipes through it but not
nearly enough to take care of what it got!  Probably be
10-15 park models and trailers totaled and extensive damage
to another 20 and 'minor' damage to a bunch more.  Glad I
live on the high end of the park.
And if any of you with a pickup are out my way 'tween Thur
afternoon and sunday I would love to have a bit of help
moving into Apache Jct!  Moving the motorhome sunday or
early in the week but lots of 'loose' stuff and heavy stuff
to get moved too. phone here is 520 463 2759-

=====

  Connie
Connies web site is www.caringbridge.org/az/stahlman  -- updated on the 1st and 15th of the month
 pictures of flood/storm at Queen Valley-   http://community.webshots.com/user/cstahlman