[Az-Geocaching] NASA screws up again

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 11 Sep 2004 10:03:51 -0700

--=====================_55587961==.ALT

At 03:32 PM 9/8/2004, you wrote:
>You were kidding, right?  With all of the amazing successes NASA and the
>US have had in space, you think they are a joke?  How do you think those
>sats that your GPS talks to got there?  Basic research ALWAYS pays off,
>even if the occasional experiment isn't "successful."  We learn a lot even
>from the ones that don't work as they were intended.  Check with your
>optomistrist.  They have glasses for nearsightedness and
>farsightedness.  Maybe they have something to correct shortsightedness.

Don't forget the Air Force.  While they don't launch nearly as many
missions to space as NASA, there are some Air Force rockets that launch
military satellites, including the GPS ones, each year.
--=====================_55587961==.ALT

At 03:32 PM 9/8/2004, you wrote:<br>
were kidding, right?&nbsp; With all of the amazing successes NASA and the
US have had in space, you think they are a joke?&nbsp; How do you think
those sats that your GPS talks to got there?&nbsp; Basic research ALWAYS
pays off, even if the occasional experiment isn’t “successful.”&nbsp; We
learn a lot even from the ones that don’t work as they were
intended.&nbsp; Check with your optomistrist.&nbsp; They have glasses for
nearsightedness and farsightedness.&nbsp; Maybe they have something to
correct shortsightedness.</blockquote><br>
as many missions to space as NASA, there are some Air Force rockets that
launch military satellites, including the GPS ones, each year. </body>