[Az-Geocaching] GOOHF Cards

HighwayHavoc listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 11 Sep 2004 09:08:57 -0700 (PDT)

I haven’t been involved in the geocaching scene lately, at least
not locally, but in the past whenever I found a cache I tried to
leave an orange “Get Out of Hell Free” card, with my compliments
written on the back. Naturally I am not the only one placing these
cards, in fact I found them in Georgia while I was there this summer.
In the latest issue of the enewsletter “This is True”
(www.thisistrue.com), geocaching is mentioned in a positive light as
an adventure sport due in part to the response of cachers finding
GOOHF cards. The following is quoted from the enewsletter:

“BONZER WEB SITE OF THE WEEK: http://www.Geocaching.com -- the
sport of Geocaching's official site. ‘Geocaching is an entertaining
adventure game for Global Positioning System users. Participating in
a cache hunt is a good way to take advantage of the wonderful
features and capability of a GPS unit. The basic idea is to have
individuals and organizations set up caches all over the world and
share the locations of these caches on the Internet. GPS users can
then use the location coordinates to find the caches. Once found, a
cache may provide the visitor with a wide variety of rewards. All the
visitor is asked to do is if they get something they should try to
leave something for the cache.’ I first became aware of Geocaching
when I got e-mails from players letting me know that ‘Get Out of
Hell Free’ cards were a common ‘reward’ packed in the caches.
When I read up about how it all works, I thought it sounded like a
very fun activity.
-- Bonzer Sites archive: http://www.BonzerSites.com”

Mark A. Pederson

=====
Never knock on Death's door. Ring the bell and run, he hates that!