[Az-Geocaching] Re: Sad News

Scott Sparks listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 05:35:44 -0700

> But what saddened me was news that he was killed in a car crash on Sept.
> 3rd.  I waited until now to send out the e-mail because I wanted
> confirmation from the person who told me that this was legit.  I did get
> another e-mail from the same person, and without asking details I believe
> what he said to be the truth.

This is sad news indeed.  While I never met SquishyGecko in person I am
familiar with many of his caches and the self-deprecating humor
associated with some of his posts to this list.  Perhaps a moment of
silence can be arranged for him (and other AZ cachers who have recently
passed) at one of the upcoming events.

On the other hand, it wasn't too long ago that I read a post on this
list about a back-fire getting out of control and burning the Rest Area
at highway 87 and 188 to the ground.  I know that to be a false and
unsubstantiated rumor.  That only proves that you can't believe
everything you read on a mailing list.

-- Sprocket