[Az-Geocaching] NASA in mourning

Brian Casteel listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 08:41:13 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0264_01C49648.C37A9960

Click this link and it should open to the video.

http://www.azcentral.com/phpAPP/multimedia/index.php?path=3Dhttp://play.r=
bn.com/?url=3Dap/azphp/g2demand/0908genesis_crash_SS.rm&proto=3Drtsp&mode=
=3Dcompact&type=3DVideo&override[site]=3Dazcentral&override[channel]=3DNe=
ws&HTTP_REFERER=3Dhttp://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0908Genesis08-ON=
.html

Brian
Team A.I.

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Gale=20
  To: listserv@azgeocaching.com=20
  Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 11:38 PM
  Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] NASA in mourning

  been offline all day, where can I see the video of the fall? By now, I =
think the news has stopped showing it.

  Brian Casteel <bcasteel@uccinc.net> wrote:=20
    $260 million mission, and the end result was equivalent to dropping =
a VERY
    large egg from space and watching it hit the ground. From the video =
    watched, they showed the actual impact (wow, btw), and stated that =
the
    plates which held the specimens would likely shatter even if it =
landed using
    the chute(s). Too bad the failsafes...failed. The video looked like =
a bad
    outtake from Independence Day.

    Brian
    Team A.I.