[Az-Geocaching] NASA screws up again

Gale listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 23:31:42 -0700 (PDT)

--0-775363720-1094711502=:53466

I listed it on my favorites Jim. Ive been a big fan of NASA and the space program for years. (Dating myself) I used to watch the Apollo missions all the time, and knew someone who did computer work for the shuttles. I also stayed up for all the Viking and Voyager updates they did when the missions reached their planets. Sadly, some problems happen, and they tend to be big ones. At least no lives were lost in this one.

Keeping an eye on the future,

Gale (Tsegi Mike and Desert Viking)

Jim Scotti <jscotti@pirl.lpl.Arizona.EDU> wrote:
After seeing a couple of those crackpot pages and how easy and obvious (to
me, anyway) they were to debunk, I had to write my own page against a
representative example of their nonsense..... I'd rather you read my Apollo
page or even the Apollo Lunar Surface Journal rather than waste time on the
hoax nonsense. Glad you enjoyed it, Brent!

Jim.

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Brent Milner wrote:

> After you mentioning the Lunar Hoax in your last email, I did a Google
> search to see if there was such belief out there. And guess what came up
> at the top of the Google results page???
>
> http://pirlwww.lpl.arizona.edu/~jscotti/NOT_faked/
>
> Thanks for the "edjumacashun" this afternoon, Jim. Very interesting
> stuff!
>
> -Brent

Jim Scotti
Lunar & Planetary Laboratory
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ 85721 USA http://www.lpl.arizona.edu/~jscotti/

--0-775363720-1094711502=:53466

<DIV>I listed it on my favorites Jim. Ive been a big fan of NASA and the space program for years. (Dating myself) I used to watch the Apollo missions all the time, and knew someone who did computer work for the shuttles. I also stayed up for all the Viking and Voyager updates they did when the missions reached their planets. Sadly, some problems happen, and they tend to be big ones. At least no lives were lost in this one. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Keeping an eye on the future,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Gale (Tsegi Mike and Desert Viking)<BR><BR><B><I>Jim Scotti &lt;jscotti@pirl.lpl.Arizona.EDU&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">After seeing a couple of those crackpot pages and how easy and obvious (to<BR>me, anyway) they were to debunk, I had to write my own page against a<BR>representative example of their nonsense..... I'd rather you read my Apollo<BR>page or even the Apollo Lunar Surface Journal rather than waste time on the<BR>hoax nonsense. Glad you enjoyed it, Brent!<BR><BR>Jim.<BR><BR>On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Brent Milner wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; After you mentioning the Lunar Hoax in your last email, I did a Google<BR>&gt; search to see if there was such belief out there. And guess what came up<BR>&gt; at the top of the Google results page???<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; http://pirlwww.lpl.arizona.edu/~jscotti/NOT_faked/<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Thanks for the "edjumacashun" this afternoon, Jim. Very interesting<BR>&gt; stuff!<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; -Brent<BR>&gt; <BR><BR>Jim Scotti<BR>Lunar &amp; Planetary Laboratory<BR>University of
 Arizona<BR>Tucson, AZ 85721 USA http://www.lpl.arizona.edu/~jscotti/ <BR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>
		<hr size=1>Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-775363720-1094711502=:53466--