[Az-Geocaching] Finally!!!

Mon, 06 Sep 2004 22:48:02 -0700

Hi all,

Today we finally hit 300 TOTAL cache finds!

I know that this doesn't seem like a big deal, with so many high-number teams, but for us it is a true milestone.

I started caching way back in July of 2001, when my Posse friend Flash (he used to cache as mosie2, now as The VooDoos) called me and told me about geocaching. I went out that day and found his first hide "Prieta View" west of Prescott. The next day, Flash and I went after Camp Wood, placed by Wyle E and one of the few caches nearby back then. We took the LONG HARD 4x4 approach from the east which included quite a day of class 3/4 4x4 and a hike to boot!

We then put out a few caches in the next couple months. And Lincoln put out a few....And so it goes....

I have cached in 3 states, AZ, Nevada and Calif, hidden a whole bunch (39, about half are active now) and we have alot of fond memories of all kinds of finds...traditional rural caches, desert, urban micros, virtuals, and a couple cool events where we got to meet people.

What a great "family" we have have here in our little geocaching community. It's been fun to get to know and to meet other cachers, aren't we a diverse group!

And it goes on as more people discover geocaching, which for us "Old Timers" keeps it fresh. Today, on what turned out to be our 299th cache, we met a brand new caching family with 2 small kids, up from Anthem and doing a couple Prescott caches. It was so much fun to chat for a few minutes!

Thanks to the HIDERS who have made it possible for me to reach this modest milestone....for awhile up here in God's Country, I didn't have too many caches to find except Lincoln's. <grin> Now the active cachers have stepped up and put out some fine hides and gave us some local caches to hunt! Thanks!

take care all and be safe out there,
Trisha "Lightning" and Dan "VStar"
Prescott Valley