[Az-Geocaching] 1st Annual Beatty Geocaching Rendezvous

Brian Casteel listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 23:06:20 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C4920A.A0380290

Not to make light of the event (which is pretty cool to have it =
sponsored by a town), but the backpack toss made me chuckle.  23 =
illegals were taken into custody south of Tucson after a lengthy pursuit =
in which the people in the back of the pickup were chucking everything =
conceivable at the Border Patrol agent.  Spare tire, backpacks, camper =
shell, and I just had this visual of a bunch of cachers racing down the =
highway chucking backpacks for a contest.  I don't know...maybe it's the =
48-degree air that made me loopy tonight.

Brian
Team A.I.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: WEBOWITZ@aol.com=20
  To: listserv@azgeocaching.com=20
  Sent: Friday, September 03, 2004 9:12 PM
  Subject: [Az-Geocaching] 1st Annual Beatty Geocaching Rendezvous

  Hello Arizona geocachers,
  We were really hoping to get some positive responses from AZ cachers =
about this event. It is the FIRST event that I know of that is actually =
sponsored by a town. Even though you don't see much when you drive =
through Beatty, there are some truly scenic backroad areas to explore. =
There will definitely be games and prizes worthwhile (best Poker Hand is =
$200 cash and a trophy). There will be a backpack toss and a contest for =
most unique cache container, so bring your containers to enter! Other =
games yet TBA!
  There will be many, many caches to find. I personally have hidden 16+ =
that will come up the morning of the event to guarantee fresh caches, =
many FTFs and travel bugs..even some YJtbs.  Other cachers are hiding =
caches,  Beatty Chamber of Commerce Members are hiding caches and there =
are many that were already within the area.
  Hoping to see smiling AZ faces..
  DR Webe
  PS Beatty is no where near Reno, just 116 miles north of Las Vegas, so =
its not that far.
------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C4920A.A0380290

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: =
#ffffff"=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Not to make light of the event (which is pretty cool to have it =
sponsored=20
by a town), but the backpack toss made me chuckle.&nbsp; 23 illegals =
were taken=20
into custody south of Tucson after a lengthy pursuit in which the people =
in the=20
back of the pickup were chucking everything conceivable at the Border =
Patrol=20
agent.&nbsp; Spare tire, backpacks, camper shell, and I just had this =
visual of=20
a bunch of cachers racing down the highway chucking backpacks for a=20
contest.&nbsp; I don't know...maybe it's the 48-degree air that made me =
loopy=20
tonight.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Brian</DIV>
<DIV>Team A.I.</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3DWEBOWITZ@aol.com =
href=3D"mailto:WEBOWITZ@aol.com">WEBOWITZ@aol.com</A>=20
  </DIV>
title=3Dlistserv@azgeocaching.com=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:listserv@azgeocaching.com">listserv@azgeocaching.com</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Friday, September 03, =
2004 9:12=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [Az-Geocaching] 1st =
Annual=20
  Beatty Geocaching Rendezvous</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hello Arizona =
geocachers,</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">We were really hoping to get some =
positive=20
I know=20
  of that is actually sponsored by a town. Even though you don't see =
much when=20
  you drive through Beatty, there are some truly scenic backroad areas =
to=20
  explore. There will definitely be games and prizes worthwhile (best =
Poker Hand=20
  is $200 cash and a trophy). There will be a backpack toss and a =
contest for=20
  most unique cache container, so bring your containers to enter! Other =
games=20
  yet TBA!</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">There will be many, many caches to =
find. I=20
  personally have hidden 16+ that will come up the morning of the event =
to=20
  guarantee fresh caches, many FTFs and travel bugs..even some =
YJtbs.&nbsp;=20
  Other cachers are hiding caches,&nbsp; Beatty Chamber of Commerce =
Members are=20
  hiding caches and there are many that were already within the=20
  area.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hoping to see smiling AZ =
faces..</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">DR Webe</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">PS Beatty is no where near Reno, =
just 116=20
  miles north of Las Vegas, so its not that=20
far.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C4920A.A0380290--