[Az-Geocaching] oregun connie- excellent map program

connie stahlman listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 16:43:35 -0700 (PDT)

here is the map program and notes from my research
physisist son-(Spartus Research)
-When you get a chance you gotta check this free software
out.
Warning, it does take a lot of disk space but puts my
mapping program to shame. Automatically downloads needed
maps.

By default the map program will cache up to 2GB of maps on
your disk.
It will delete old images to make room for new ones based
on when they were last needed. On my system I upped the
cache size to 100GB since I have a big disk I could
dedicate to this. Currently it can download the USGS images
but the LandSat server is unavailable until they upgrade it
to handle the load.
James A

 (he had done a fantastic map program-and then found this
one!) connie

http://learn.arc.nasa.gov/worldwind/download.html