[Az-Geocaching] RE: Vehicle of choice

Jim Scotti listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:25:25 -0700 (MST)

Not sure about that number, but the crawler that carries the shuttle to the
launchpad moves along at about 1/2 mile per hour and makes the 3 mile journey
from the VAB to the pad in about 6 hours.  At 8 gallons per foot, it would
require 126,000 gallons to get to the launchpad - not sure if that is
reasonable or not - but it seems a bit large.  It's an impressive vehicle,
though - not quite as impressive as the rockets it carries, but impressive
none-the-less.

Jim.