[Az-Geocaching] EasyMPS not work with XP???

Roping The Wind listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 10 Oct 2004 11:56:59 -0700

Howdy,

Is anyone using EasyMPS these days??? Every since I built my new computer,
with Windows XP, I have not been able to open the executable file to get the
program into my computer. It worked fine on my old Windows ME compaq
computer. Is it not compatible with XP or something? I went to the web site
and downloaded it again and I still cant open the .exe file. Here is the
error reading I get:

Run time error '339':

Component COMDLG32.OCX not currently registered: file is missing or invalid

Does anyone know what that garble means??? :)

Easy MPS is THE ONLY way that I know of to download caches from the main
gc.com site to mapsource so I can get a visual of what caches are out there.
The other way is to use easyGPS and drop the .loc files into there and then
drop them in my GPS and then put them into Mapsource. But, that is a pain in
the you know what. Also, EasyGPS does not support USB.. so cant really use
that anyways anymore. Although my Garmin 60C also has a serial port, I only
have the USB cable for it. So, cannot use the easyGPS option anymore. (why
would you even want to use a serial port connection when you can use a much
faster USB anyways!?).

Right now, I have no way of putting the .loc files into Mapsource. Any
ideas?

Thanks

Scott
Team Ropingthewind