[Az-Geocaching] test

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 09 Oct 2004 10:06:17 -0700

Sorry, our poor little mailing list server has been having a hard time
dealing with all the garbage of bounced messages from all the viruses
and retards that think that their spam and or virus filter need to send
back a message to the sending address... except that the sending address
if forged and the offending mail end up going elsewhere.. like our poor
little mailing list... and the poor little mailing list server gets
stuck bouncing the message back to the original server.  All this
happens a few thousand times a day :(   In fact there are so many
viruses being bounced off of the mail server, that the ISP that we are
connected to called me up a couple of weeks ago and told me they were
going to shut off the server because the machine that was connected was
"Spewing out the netsky virus".  The problem is that my server of choice
is Linux and netsky is a windows virus.  Still I had to talk with them
for about 30 minutes till I could convince them that what they were
accusing me of was impossible.

The funny part is that the mailing list's server is a machine that most
people would have thrown away years ago (Pentium 166) and it worked just
fine till the virus writers figured out how to make money by infecting
everyones machines with a mail server for all the spammers to use at
their will.   DEATH TO SPAMMERS!!!

Anyway... Glad to hear your new life is a good one.  All I can say is...
wish I was doing the same lately right now.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek