[Az-Geocaching] Box game brings out bomb squad

RopingThe Wind listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 08:22:20 -0800

>From: "RAND HARDIN" <RHrdn8@msn.com>
>To: "AZ-Geocaching" <listserv@azgeocaching.com>
>Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Box game brings out bomb squad
>Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 08:49:17 -0700
>
>Well folks, it happened again!  Another geocaching bomb scare.  This time
>in New Jersey.
>
>Check out "Gibbstown Geocache" (GCH94F).
>http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=40eb635f-6198-4f3e-8a8e-c28b2662e236&log=y&decrypt=

>Photo of cache:
>http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?IID=b2940185-63cd-4c43-8cb5-c74d609808ef&LID2579624
>
>Rand (RandMan)

Oh yea. Now I have heard it all! :(  You have gots to be kidding me!!?!??
First off, I think the cache owner could have done without the trip wire and
the alarm. That is just instigating a potential situation... like the one we
have here. Also, I cant imagine a cache like this lasting very long as the
alarm would certainly make it difficult for cachers to be stealth! Second:

"Our concern is the time consumed. The four fire trucks, the bomb squad, ATF
and police were tied up with this for approximately three hours," said
Giordano. He said he was also concerned that "in this day and age, people
want to play these 'Star Trek' games."

HAHAHHAA!!!!!!! They are 'concerned' about the time they used and the
resources taken to check this out!? Maybe they should just 'relax' and not
be so 'freaked out' about every little thing and they would not have wasted
these valuable resources on our silly little game called geocaching! (geez,
this little game gets more and more expensive every day! Now my tax dollars
are paying for the feds to bring out all these high dollar resources to blow
up my box!) Why is everyone so freaked out about every little thing anymore?
Just relax and live life! Geez. I suppose you can just stay in your house
24/7 and watch all this crap on the news and stuff and not worry about 'what
might happen' if I step outside my front door! I personally dont worry about
the 'small stuff' in anything I do in life. I just do it. People that worry
about every little thing are the ones that usually get bitten. Some people
spend WAY to much time sitting in front of the tube watching the news and
reading the newspaper and not spending enough time enjoying and living life
and THAT is why they are so freaked out about every little thing.

Kinda like this "we need to get back to normal after 9/11." I dont think
anyone has gotten back to normal since that day. If we have... then how come
they had to call out the special forces to check on a little wooden box in
Camden, NJ!? Couldnt perhaps two police officers checked on it themselves?
Maybe poke it with a 10 foot long pole perhaps?!

Anyways, I'm not trying to be sarcastic here or anything... but, I think it
is truly rediculous that many people live their life this way. I dont worry
about the small stuff. Someday something will do me in. But, I am not
worrying about when that day will come. I am just trying to live my life and
enjoy it the best I can.

... What is up with the comment about the 'star trek' games anyways!? Is he
suggesting that we should not be able to go out and enjoy the outdoors and
basically live life?!

Scott
Team Ropingthewind