[Az-Geocaching] Another cacher finds body near Las Vegas

Andrew Ayre listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 15:44:47 -0700

Imagine not dialing 911 when the person you thought was dead, wasn't quite
dead! I would always dial 911.

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com]On Behalf Of
insomniak@cox.net
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 3:42 PM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Another cacher finds body near Las Vegas

Perhaps we should consider posting instructions on what to do when coming
across someone's unfortunate demise.

I'm kinda curious my self as to what are the proper steps to help out law
enforcement.

Is it necessary to contact "9-1-1" or would it be more appropriate to
contant a non-emergency number?

Which agency to do contact when you are (insert your favorite caching
location here.)?

If you are out of range for your cell phone to work, how do you go about
contacting law enforcment?

Will dispatchers be able to understand you giving them waypoint information?

There are other questions I can't think of now, but I'm sure I will later.

I think Brian of Team A.I. (my team) and Trisha would probably have alot of
information.  It only seems likely that more cachers will find these types
of things, and knowing what to do ahead of time.

Jake - Team A.I.