[Az-Geocaching] Another cacher finds body near Las Vegas

Wed, 24 Mar 2004 17:41:38 -0500

Perhaps we should consider posting instructions on what to do when coming across someone's unfortunate demise.

I'm kinda curious my self as to what are the proper steps to help out law enforcement.

Is it necessary to contact "9-1-1" or would it be more appropriate to contant a non-emergency number?

Which agency to do contact when you are (insert your favorite caching location here.)?

If you are out of range for your cell phone to work, how do you go about contacting law enforcment?

Will dispatchers be able to understand you giving them waypoint information?

There are other questions I can't think of now, but I'm sure I will later.

I think Brian of Team A.I. (my team) and Trisha would probably have alot of information.  It only seems likely that more cachers will find these types of things, and knowing what to do ahead of time.

Jake - Team A.I.