[Az-Geocaching] What are hazards of using GPS on airline?

Ken Akerman listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:30:22 -0800 (PST)

This is a good resource for the various airlines….

http://gpsinformation.net/airgps/airgps.htm

Why do some airlines allow GPS during cruise, but other airlines do not allow GPS use during a
flight?

What could the hazards to the aircraft of using a GPS during flight?

Ken (a.k.a. Highpointer)

Note:  The only airlines that I have flown on since I acquired my GPS are Delta and Southwest.  I
avoid America "Wurst" (I would like to see Delta acquire AWA, since my brother works for Delta and
a Delta hub in Phoenix would make it a lot easier for me to fly to the northeastern USA using the
Delta Buddy Pass that I can get from him).