[[Az-Geocaching] Bomb scare at Disneyland]

Mark Heitowit listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 20 Mar 2004 22:45:46 -0700

We found that cache last summer. I guess it was bound to happen sooner or
later. A shame we live in such fear. I probably would have done the same thing
if I were the landscaper.  I guess the terrorists are winning on some level.

"RAND HARDIN" <RHrdn8@msn.com> wrote:

> Check out this cache: "Phone Home" (GC942E).  It was just archived because a
landscaper at Disneyland found a "phone" cache.  The bomb squad was called in
to investigate.  A detective is wanting to talk to the cache owner.

> Rand

Cache)

> Polar33 posted a note for Phone home (Traditional Cache) at 3/19/2004
>
> Log Date: 3/19/2004
> ANAHEIM - The Tomorrowland area of Disneyland opened 30 minutes late this
morning after a park landscaper found a suspicious package at the bathrooms
near the Autopia ride.

> The Orange County sheriff's bomb squad declared the incident a false alarm
after deploying a robot equipped with an X-ray that determined the object was
not an explosive.

> "We don't know whether it was an elaborate hoax or just something left
behind," said John Nicoletti, Anaheim city spokesman, who was at the scene.

> The incident did not delay Disneyland's scheduled 9 a.m. opening, but
patrons were unable to visit such Tomorrowland attractions as Club Buzz,
Innoventions and Starcade until 9:30 a.m.

> Officials said that the landscaper found the object around 7 a.m. at the
bottom of a staircase. He notified security personnel, who in turn called
police. Police summoned the bomb squad.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=ae7ed078-165d-46a9-ab60-af0c54686909

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=12efd5f6-c97a-400b-9143-eb94bb2b17aa

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=16f71fa1-a2ce-44ce-b877-0754490b1eea