[Az-Geocaching] How can I connect a PDA to a laptop?

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 01:56:48 -0700

At 10:04 PM 3/13/2004, you wrote:
>Geocachers,
>
>I got a Palm Vx for $79.99 plus tax at Fry's Electronics today.  I am
>connecting it to my laptop
>computer via a USB/Serial Portable Adapter.  This adapter connects with my
>Garmin Vista and I am
>able to download waypoints from my laptop to my GPS using this
>connector.  However, I am unable to
>connect my new PDA to my laptop using this connection.  Here is the
>message I get on the PDA:
>
>X The connection between your handheld computer and the desktop could not
>be established.  Please
>check your setup and try again.

Ken,

The model you picked up might not support connections through the
adapter.  Serial to USB or USB to Serial is not a 100% thing most of the
time.  You might want to check with Palm and see if they have a model that
will work for you.