[Az-Geocaching] Missing caches on the main site

RopingThe Wind listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 04 Mar 2004 10:01:03 -0800

I just downloaded my team spec mapsource file. I was looking at the caches
in the area and I saw "Sacaton South". GC34E6. It shows up as a cache I
havent found yet. But, I know I have found it. In fact, I found it a long
time ago! I went to the cache page and I could not find my log. Fortunately,
I have ALL my caches AND logs backed up. I looked at my own personal file
and found that I did indeed visit that cache on March 29, 2002. A look at
the cache page shows no logs before March 30, 2002. So, anyone who found
that cache prior to March 30, 2002 probably lost their find on it.

Does anyone else notice this? This is the second cache that I have found
that didnt show my log. However, the last time this happened, I went and
re-logged my find... when I did this.. it would bring up all the old logs
again. Then, I would have a double find and I deleted one of them. I will
try that on this cache and see what happens. So, it may be corrected by time
you view the cache page.

I am just wondering why some of the really old caches on the main site is
doing this? It's almost like after the cache gets SO many finds, it starts
dropping them off the bottom?

Scott
Team Ropingthewind

Learn how to help protect your privacy and prevent fraud online at Tech
Hacks & Scams. http://special.msn.com/msnbc/techsafety.armx