[Az-Geocaching] geocaching tees

RopingThe Wind listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 19:52:29 -0800

>From: Jason Poulter <polt@snaptek.com>
>To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
>Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] geocaching tees
>Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 17:32:40 -0700
>
>lets start 3-D geocaching... now you have to be at certain coordinates and
>a certain height off the ground!!!
>
>jason

Actually, I have thought of just that! You all have probably seen EvilFISH's
"Minus 30" Cache... placed 30 feet under water at Saguaro Lake. Well, I
thought it would be cool if there was a way to suspend a geocache at 10,000
feet in the sky!!!! :)  hhhmmm. Now, there is a cache that would probably go
unfound for a really long time! There are two unmanned 'blimps' in far
southern Arizona. They are on cables to 15,000 feet in the air. I believe
they are used for watching over the border. One is near Yuma and one near Ft
Hauchuca. Perhaps I could hook an altoids tin to one of those things!!! :)
Easy find, but hard to get to!!! :)  Difficulty: 1 terrain: 500000000000000

One the subject of 'geoballooning'.... I have been wanting to do that for a
long time. I hope to get a geocache by balloon one day. There is a geocache
in one of my flight areas that I have been saving for just that occasion. I
now have the final coordinates for it (it is a multi cache) and I am keeping
those coords in my GPS until I can find a day when the winds take me right
to it. I have to be able to land right next to it and be able to literally
reach out and grab it. If I cant do that, I will save it for another attempt
some other time. Hopefully, this cache will stand the test of time as it
might be a while before I finally can claim a find on it!!! :)

Scott
Team Ropingthewind

Click, drag and drop. My MSN is the simple way to design your homepage.