[Az-Geocaching] Magnetic Pole Reversal & Sunspot 652

EvilFISH listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 14:13:54 -0700

I like this quote as is was also heard on the Nights number #1 Talk show
Coast to Coast AM 550

'It's a strange sight to see. Nearly two dozen endangered brown pelicans
have crashed onto sidewalks and roads, mistaking the heat-induced shimmer of
the paved surface for lakes and creeks. Game and Fish says the birds 'try to
land on the water, but it's asphalt,' then it's Bam! The pelicans have been
found from Yuma to Phoenix. Most have been located in southern Arizona,
where they've landed while flying out of Mexico's Gulf of California. So
far, the pelicans have been treated mostly for dehydration and emaciation.'

----- Original Message -----
From: <rhrdn8@juno.com>
To: <az-geocaching@listserv.azgeocaching.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2004 10:58 AM
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Magnetic Pole Reversal & Sunspot 652

> Here's a link I found interesting regarding the reversing of our magnetic
pole.  I wonder if the GPS manufacturers are preparing for a unit that
points south?  :O  Satellites over the South Atlantic have already
experienced problems from the 15% magnetic field deterioration that we
already have.  There's also recent reports from around the world where
entire flocks of homing pigeons have disappeared during races.

> http://www.earthfiles.com/news/news.cfm?ID=751&category=Science
>
> Here's another link discussing "Sunspot 652."  This Sunspot has grown to
20 times the size of earth since Friday, and is pointing directly towards
earth.  NASA is worried and said: "If the active region generates coronal
mass ejections (CMEs), massive explosions with a potential force of a
billion megaton bombs, it will be a fairly direct hit to Earth and its
Satellites and power grids."