[Az-Geocaching] Unlock code?

Team J listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 19:43:01 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C47024.1927F880

I had an old Gateway a few years ago that Microsoft provided me a =
"Generic Key" to unlock when I explained to them that I couldn't find =
the key at all.  I may have had to provide info that they looked up to =
see that I registered before, but I don't remember.  They may not be =
that helpful anymore, but I hope they help you out.

Noah from Team J
=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Thompsen=20
  To: listserv@azgeocaching.com=20
  Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 11:04 AM
  Subject: RE: [Az-Geocaching] Unlock code?

  Yeah, Microsoft's asking for the 25-alphanumeric product key.  You =
probably got Word 2002 as part of a package of either Works Suite 2002 =
or Microsoft Office XP.  Where the product ID is depends on how Dell =
packaged it.  It may be on a plastic CD sleeve, the front cover of a =
manual, or in certain cases on a sticker attached to the machine, though =
this is usually the Windows Product ID number, which is NOT the same as =
the product ID number for Word.

  Good luck getting help from Dell... the most they will likely do is =
tell you where the product ID should have been when it was shipped to =
you.  To my knowledge, they don't have records of Microsoft's Product ID =
codes when packaged with a system, and you're highly unlikely to get a =
code number over the phone from Dell, since giving you a product number =
that wasn't the same as the one you were issued constitutes a violation =
of the licensing agreement.  They'll probably refer you to Microsoft if =
you've lost the product number.

  The way I usually avoid this problem myself is to write the product ID =
number directly on the CD itself with a Sharpie.

      I know this may be off topic, but I recently had to re install =
Word 2002 an now it is asking for an "unlock" code, which I don't =
have...anyone know what to do, or have this number? Dell says the number =
should be on the back of the cd case, but all my cds came in paper =
cases, in a Suites package...no stickers, no codes....

------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C47024.1927F880

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I had an old Gateway a few years ago =
that Microsoft=20
provided me a "Generic Key" to unlock when I explained to them that I =
couldn't=20
find the key at all.&nbsp; I may have had to provide info that they =
looked up to=20
see that I registered before, but I don't remember.&nbsp; They may not =
be that=20
helpful anymore, but I hope they help you out.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Noah from Team J</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Ddthompsen@yahoo.com =
href=3D"mailto:dthompsen@yahoo.com">David=20
  Thompsen</A> </DIV>
title=3Dlistserv@azgeocaching.com=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:listserv@azgeocaching.com">listserv@azgeocaching.com</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, July 22, 2004 =
11:04=20
  AM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> RE: [Az-Geocaching] =
Unlock=20
  code?</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>Yeah, Microsoft's asking for the 25-alphanumeric product =
key.&nbsp; You=20
  probably got Word 2002 as part of a package of either Works Suite 2002 =
or=20
  Microsoft Office XP.&nbsp; Where the product ID is depends on how Dell =

  packaged it.&nbsp; It may be on a plastic CD sleeve, the front cover =
of a=20
  manual, or in certain cases on a sticker attached to the machine, =
though this=20
  is usually the Windows Product ID number, which is NOT the same as the =
product=20
  ID number for Word.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Good luck getting help from Dell... the most they will likely do =
is tell=20
  you where the product ID should have been when it was shipped to =
you.&nbsp; To=20
  my knowledge, they don't have records of Microsoft's Product ID codes =
when=20
  packaged with a system, and you're highly unlikely to get a code =
number over=20
  the phone from Dell, since giving you a product number that wasn't the =
same as=20
  the one you were issued constitutes&nbsp;a violation&nbsp;of the =
licensing=20
  agreement.&nbsp; They'll probably refer you to Microsoft if you've =
lost the=20
  product number.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>The way I usually avoid this problem myself is to write the =
product ID=20
  number directly on the CD itself with a Sharpie.<BR><BR></DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE class=3Dreplbq=20
  style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px =
solid">
    <BLOCKQUOTE>
      <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
      size=3D2><BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
      <DIV>I know this may be off topic, but I recently had to re =
install Word=20
      2002 an now it is asking for an "unlock" code, which I don't =
have...anyone=20
      know what to do, or have this number? Dell says the number should =
be on=20
      the back of the cd case, but all my cds came in paper cases, in a =
Suites=20
      package...no stickers, no codes....</DIV>
      <P>
      <HR SIZE=3D1>
      Do you Yahoo!?<BR>Yahoo! Mail is new and improved - <A=20
      =
href=3D"http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/new/*http://promotions.ya=
hoo.com/new_mail">Check=20
      it out!</A></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE>
  <P>
  <HR SIZE=3D1>
  Do you Yahoo!?<BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/yahoo/votelifeengine/">Vote =
for the=20
  stars of Yahoo!'s next ad campaign!</A></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C47024.1927F880--