[Az-Geocaching] worst mishap?

PATRICK FINLEY listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 17:09:02 -0700

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C46DB3.16B0B6F0

Just thought we'd tell our story about being injured during a caching exp=
erience. Myself and Mrs. Wrangler were doing maintenance on our Superstit=
ion Sunset cache, and were on our way back down the hill when I noticed t=
he evening sun was shining on Karen and remarked how pretty she looked wi=
th the sun shining on her. Just as she said "Thanks Honey", she slid down=
 the hill and cried out in pain. After getting her the rest of the way do=
wn the hill gingerly, we took a trip to the emergency room in Mesa, where=
 she had a flexible cast put on. She had broken two bones in her foot and=
 bruised her ankle severely. The worst part (besides sitting in the emerg=
ency room for 8 hours) was that we had stated on our cache page how slipp=
ery the loose rock was and issued a warning to other cachers. Other than =
that, the worst thing we've had happen on cache hunts, is a few cholla ba=
lls stuck in our legs and arms, etc. I guess the worst could have been ge=
tting chewed on by a rattler after stepping on a snake while doing Sprock=
ets 12 step program. Hopefully, we won't have any more injuries on our ca=
che hunts.........Flatiron (Pat)

----- Original Message -----
From: Robert & Linda Smith
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 7:33 AM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] worst mishap?

I guess we have not been at the game long enough to have a worst injury. =
 Or we are just a little too conservative.  At my advanced stage of senil=
ity I try not taking the chances that others might.  Now the second part =
of the question might be answered by saying that it has been somewhat exp=
ensive for me to just start and continue caching.  It is like the old pot=
ato chip saying:  "You can't have just one"  we now have 3 GPS receivers =
and a host of support stuff.  It is also like an addiction, I can't wait =
to check the email, check the newest caches in the area and actually get =
out there and check on a cache.  I just tell myself over and over again t=
hat it helps keep me young.
Bob Smith, Team Petite Elite

Gale wrote:

Perhaps the next question should be:

What is the worst injury you or a member of your team has experienced whe=
n caching? What was the most expensive mishap you sustained while caching=
?

Or should I not ask?

Tsegi Mike and Desert Viking

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C46DB3.16B0B6F0

<HTML><BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#ffffff" STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;c=
olor:#000000; background-color:#ffffff; "><DIV>Just thought we'd tell our=
[...]
 (Pat)</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; P=
ADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGI=
N-RIGHT: 0px"> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial">----- Original Message ---=
--</DIV> <DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt Arial; COLOR: blac=
k"><B>From:</B> Robert &amp; Linda Smith</DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt A=
rial"><B>Sent:</B> Monday, July 19, 2004 7:33 AM</DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT=
: 10pt Arial"><B>To:</B> listserv@azgeocaching.com</DIV> <DIV style=3D"FO=
NT: 10pt Arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: [Az-Geocaching] worst mishap?</DIV> <=
DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>I guess we have not been at the game long enough to have =
a worst injury.&nbsp; Or we are just a little too conservative.&nbsp; At =
my advanced stage of senility I try not taking the chances that others mi=
ght.&nbsp; Now the second part of the question might be answered by sayin=
g that it has been somewhat expensive for me to just start and continue c=
aching.&nbsp; It is like the old potato chip saying:&nbsp; "You can't hav=
e just one"&nbsp; we now have 3 GPS receivers and a host of support stuff=
&nbsp; It is also like an addiction, I can't wait to check the email, ch=
eck the newest caches in the area and actually get out there and check on=
 a cache.&nbsp; I just tell myself over and over again that it helps keep=
 me young.<BR>Bob Smith, Team Petite Elite<BR><BR>Gale wrote:<BR> <BLOCKQ=
UOTE cite=3Dmid20040719134210.54546.qmail@web54205.mail.yahoo.com type=3D=
"cite"> <DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Perhaps the next question should be:</DIV> <DIV>=
&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>What is the worst injury you or a member of your team h=
as experienced when caching? What was the most expensive mishap you susta=
ined while caching?</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Or should I not ask?</DI=
V></DIV></DIV><BR><BR> <DIV> <DIV> <DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Tsegi Mike and Desert=
 Viking</DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV><A href=3D"http://advision.webevents=
yahoo.com/yahoo/votelifeengine/"><BR></A></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BOD=