[Az-Geocaching] worst mishap?

GUY ALDRICH listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:42:35 -0700 (PDT)

--- Gale <sonoralovesmommy@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Perhaps the next question should be:
>
> What is the worst injury you or a member of your
> team has experienced when caching? What was the most
> expensive mishap you sustained while caching?
>
> Or should I not ask?
>

> Tsegi Mike and Desert Viking
>
> Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang
> interminable changes
>   On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated
> -- so:
> "Something hidden.  Go and find it. Go and look
> behind the Ranges --
>   "Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and
> waiting for you. Go!"
>

> Rudyard Kipling ,   The Explorer  1898

Here is my log from "Desert Ridge" it's funny if your
not the one it's happening to!

This became the most frustrating and expensive cache
I've ever done!I decided to go after this one today
because I had an appointment nearby!When I go
geocaching I always always bring my cell
phone,compass,extra batteries and a pen!We'll today in
my haste and reasoning it's only one cache I forgot
everything!So anyway I arrive at the scene,retrieve
the new coordinates(you know you could have put them
upside down they would have been alot easier to read
and I would not have had to touch whatever it is
growing in the area!I must be allergic to whatever it
is because it makes me inch terribly!Anyway I entered
the new coords into the gpsr and start walking towards
the area where the final cache is and as I get to
within 25 feet it dies!!!So I walked over to Office
max and bought some batteries(now i'm feeling like a
complete idiot being I have like a dozen NIMH
rechargeables at home)now the coords are gone though
because I didn't write them down I just entered them
in the gpsr!So now I had to go back to get the coords
again through whatever they are that are growing in
the area!So i'm breaking out again!!
So now i'm ready to go get that extremely elusive
cache!After an hour and a half I finally found it!
I now realize I have no pen and go to my truck to get
one but it's locked and my keys are inside!!So I go to
reach for my cell phone and realize I forgot that
too!!^^&*(*^#$#@cussed myself for 5 minutes and then
had to go find a phone and call a
locksmith,got one out there about an hour later and a
cost of $60 plus $5 for the batteries!$65
unbelieveable!!!Anyway the locksmith leaves and I
realize I still don't have a pen!So fortunately I
found someone in the parking lot with a pen !What a
day!!!I think I need to go beat something!!LOL!Thanks
for the cache and thank God at least I found it!!!

Guy